Reeling from the humiliating defeat of the Crimean War, the Russian Empire decides its policy of forcibly conscripting Jewish boys into military service is counterproductive, and finally abandons the cruel decades-old policy of taking underage children into thirty-one years of military training and service.
Jewish Children Forced Into the Tsar’s Army (This Week in Jewish History)
- Origins of Polish Jewry (This Week in Jewish History) wp.me/p28rCB-dP 1 day ago
- The Jewish Kingdom of Khazaria HIS 155 1.9 wp.me/p28rCB-dJ 2 days ago
- Jews in the Early Muslim Period HIS 155 1.8 wp.me/p28rCB-dF 3 days ago
- @david_lemberg Same to you! 4 days ago
- The Fourth Lateran Council of 1215 (This Week in Jewish History) wp.me/p28rCB-dw 1 week ago